Thursday, March 1, 2018

Absent but not forgotten...

    Today in the morning I arrived in Orlando, FL for a DECA state competition. This past week I have been anxious, nervous and overall distracted with this competition coming up. I have been up since 4:30 a.m and haven't rested since then. I'm tired, I'm annoyed, and I'm frustrated. But even then, I knew it was my responsibility to contribute to this project as much as my partners have done so far.  Even though this three-day competition is not an excuse to have forgotten to ask my partners what they did in class today,  I can assure you I tried to do a little research in the break I have right now. The only time I really have in order to work on this project is right now, where I have an hour until we leave for dinner. In this hour, I have tried thinking about what TV documentaries I have watched and what they all had in common. One show that crossed my mind was E! True Hollywood Story (I secretly love E!'s shows so I'm not surprised that this was the first one I thought of) and I tried watching excerpts on YouTube. I watched the episode based on Lindsay Lohan where they explain her biography, and eventually I kind of found myself pausing at certain moments to get an idea of how we can edit and plan out our own extract. By doing this, I truly noticed the importance of editing and cohesiveness that will have to be seen in our project. If not, our project may not be classified as a TV documentary and we can ultimately get a lower score. I have no doubt in my mind that there are better options of television documentaries, but I wanted to find one that i have seen and have found intriguing. Don't judge me.
    Another excerpt I watched was this student sample, and I tried analyzing the visual and auditory elements they included in their project. They did a tremendous job with the interviews and overall seemed to have scored well on this component of the exam. I tried figuring out how they could have planned out this entire project and I then found myself reading through the blog like a book. Not only did the student sample help me figure out how they planned their original documentary, but it was just another example of how I can exhibit my blog as well. Most of the student's blog consisted of research, emotions, and honesty.  I watched  the whole project unravel through the blog, and suddenly it all made sense as to how they presented their final project.
    Unfortunately, I took an 45 minutes to write this blog post and I have to go. I may have been  absent in class today, but this project was surely not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Well guys, it truly has been a blast making this project but wow I am so happy we finished it! Thank you to the cast for helping us create s...