Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Introduction

     Today marks the first day my group and I began to work on our final portfolio project. Although we brainstormed ideas before, we had not clearly set out a game plan for our final project. Throughout the curriculum, we learned about documentaries and their stylistic elements. I have always enjoyed watching documentaries, however I never truly noticed how the editing and the interviews cooperate in order to convey the theme of the film. Since that unit, I knew that my group and I would choose the documentary portion of the final A Level project.
     Throughout the entire year, my group, Isabel Maya and Maria Bonilla, have thought about what we wanted our topic to be. We went from interviewing people about their political views to senior year struggles, but one day Maria sent us this YouTube video that inspired us to try and make a documentary about people talking to their 18 year old self. Time flew by and we kept that idea in the back of our heads until we found out that we forgot the project was based on a TELEVISION documentary. So today, we mostly generated ideas where we can transform this idea into a television documentary.
    Another video I remember finding extremely interesting was one I saw in AP Spanish my sophomore year. Here is a similar video in English, where the documentarians observe an Italian couple and their daily lives. Although I thought the idea would be hard to implement, I think a similar version of the video would help us create a great project.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Well guys, it truly has been a blast making this project but wow I am so happy we finished it! Thank you to the cast for helping us create s...